Our client is a well established and prestigious independent accountancy firm with offices throughout the South West. They act for a wide variety of clients ranging from individuals to business operating in local, national and international markets. They have built teams of experts who hold a wide range of professional qualifications and specialisms and strive to ensure that all arms of their business work closely together to provide a comprehensive service to all their clients, tailored to their individual needs.
The focus of the role will be on managing a portfolio of clients from small business owners to high net worth clients, advising them on a holistic basis across all areas of pensions, investments, protection and tax mitigation.
The target demographic is small business owners to wealthy owner/manager clients, entrepreneurs, inherited wealth clients, wealthy families, and general HNW professionals.
The position will be supported by a team of paraplanners and sales support administrators, enabling the consultant to focus on the advice process.
Alongside this, the successful incumbent will be expected to develop strong relationships with the accountancy partners in order that new clients can be brought on board.
The successful candidate will deliver a high quality, technically competent and compliant service to clients, including business owners (very small or large) and retired clients and to service existing business in a timely and professional manner and develop new business.
- Commercially focused with experience in a fee-based environment and working amongst professional connections is essential
- Applicants will need to be Level 4 qualified and have current FCA authorization
- Minimum Dip PFS and likely to achieve Chartered status within 18-24 months and thereafter the attainment of additional “specialist” qualifications
- Ability to network and develop the business and team
- A first-class track record of writing high levels of business will be required, as will the attributes required to work within this type of business.
- Candidates will be well presented, articulate, dedicated and highly professional, preferably having experience of, and the gravitas to, building relationships with accountancy introducers.
- Comfortable working with business owners, Entrepreneurs and professional clients
- Willing to deal with more challenging clients